Ladybank Golf Club was formed in 1879. Visitors or ‘strangers’ as they were termed were welcomed and charged what they wished to pay - no more. Old Tom Morris was engaged to lay out the original course which consisted of six holes outward that were played in reverse on the inward half. In 1910, the course was extended to nine holes with the 18-hole course eventually being opened in 1961. The club proudly displays pictures of two honorary members, Jack Nicklaus and Seve Ballesteros, who played in an exhibition match in 1983.