Scotscraig Golf Club 1817

When Scotscraig Golf Club was founded in 1817, there were only 12 other golf clubs in existence. The course was originally laid out over six holes but was extended to nine in 1888. In 1923, the course was redesigned with the assistance of James Braid; a member of golf’s Great Triumvirate. Scotscraig has hosted local final qualifying for the Open Championship when the tournament has been held at St Andrews.